Sunday, October 8, 2017

The Drama of Catalonia

There hasn't been anything new on this blog for a while because I've been distracted by a major political event close to home, namely the impending declaration of independence from Spain by by the government of Catalonia.

Rather than attempting to analyse the catastrophe myself, I defer to one of the most seasoned Spanish political commentators: IƱaki Gabilondo of the El Pais newspaper and SER TV chain. Those of you who know Spanish can find him from Monday to Friday at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVrd7wkR7Os&list=PLBFqmaTda_wsXLH93ebO8IsXAsxNFz3Xp, but unfortunately very little of what he says is translated into English. Therefore I've done an unauthorised emergency translation of one of his pronouncements last week. Since it's beyond the scope of this blog, I've placed it temporarily on my Academia page, which is https://independent.academia.edu/BHARRIS, or just click [here].  Apoligies for the fault in this link. It's been corrected.
  

2 comments:

  1. This article is quite interesting and I am looking forward to reading more of your posts. Thanks for sharing this article with us.
    Assignment Help Online
    Assignment Help

    ReplyDelete